More Info About Me

Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm back!

A few moments ago, DS 3 (laptop in his lap) sternly called, "MOM!" I said, "What?" He answered with one word: "BLOG!"


I'm no fool. When your children are telling you "it's time"...then it MUST be time!


As I noted last week, I was at the International Reading Association Conference in Atlanta. It's one of my favorite times of the year as it allows me to connect with people that I mostly "see" only via a laptop. My friends, Suzi and Kristin, and I spoke on Wednesday. We signed books on Thursday. It is great fun hearing feedback from other educators.

The boys seemed to do pretty well while I was gone (DH was out too). My in-laws blessed us by caring for DS 4. The other boys stayed here at home. It's still hard for me to recognize that this is "OK". I am sure this has caused them to roll their eyes on more than one occasion...I mean DS 1 will be 20 in a few days and DS 2 is almost 19. I guess once you're a Mother, you're always a Mother.

Speaking of Mother...I had a lovely day with my DSs 2, 3, and 4 and my own Mom in Tampa for Mother's Day. We are blessed for sure.

Now we are in the "wind-down" for senior year. Prom is this weekend. I am having 20 seniors here for dinner just prior to the prom on Saturday. That's only after I host my friend Sandy's daughter's bridal shower here that morning. Are we NUTS or what???

I hope you have had a lovely week. I've missed you. It will take me a few days to catch up with all of your blogs. But I'll be around when I can.

4 comments:

Melli said...

Oh my gosh! I can not even imagine doing a bridal shower in the morning and dinner for 20 that night! But... I guess if you've got the house clean for ONE - ya might as well do the other!!! LOL! Can't be any crazier than me doing the twins birthday parties - one on Saturday and one on Sunday! I NEVER did do them both on ONE day though... I don't think! (now you've got me wondering... and trying to remember!) ROFL!

Baba said...

Good evening Susan, welcome back home.. you sound like you will be a busy person with a shower and dinner..hugs, Baba

Susan said...

Seems like I've been basically out of touch for almost a month too. Life sometimes interfers!! Sounds like you're having a grand time. Enjoy!!!
Susan

samurai said...

I had to laugh when I read your son reminded you to blog. :-)

Welcome home.