Now, my post on Monday apparently sent a few of my family members into a bit of a flurry of wonder. In that post, I noted:
In the meantime, there are some big decisions being made here in our house
that I cannot discuss here yet. It's nothing "bad"...only a change in direction.
Please pray for our family as we help work through what steps to take in the
next few weeks.
I received several phone calls asking if everything was OK. And the answer is "Yes"! We are not sick, pregnant, or moving! Trust me, if any of those things were happening, I'd have said a lot more in my initial post! In fact, if either of the latter two were true, I probably would have been announcing my new "straight jacket" apparel! ;-)
In some ways, it feels a bit anti-climatic to share it...but here goes (with my DS 2's permission):
M came to us on Sunday evening at 10pm (gotta love the times they pick, don't you?) and said he needed to talk to us. My heart went back to normal when he told us that he was a bit unsettled about his decision to go to school in MI. He said, and I quote, "The two most important things to me are family and friends. I don't know WHY I'd move 1500 miles away from those." He had been praying and seeking direction and determined that he wanted to stay in Florida for school.
Of course, we were shocked, mainly because six months ago there were "no good schools in Florida!" (Sorry, son, I'm the Mom, and I had to get that one in!) And because of this former opinion, he had not applied anywhere else EXCEPT the one school in Michigan! Timing is sometimes everything...because the school formerly known as "U Can't Finish" (which is here in the Sunshine State)---but now being acknowledged with the rest of the collegiate world, as "UCF," was still accepting applications. We submitted Monday night.
In another turn of events, DS 1 has not been able to ship out and may not be able to go for quite some time. So, he has decided that he also will apply at
Now, before I go all sappy and sentimental on you, let me say thank you for your prayers. I am thankful that we have such a fantastic family and so many supportive friends both IRL and here in blog world. Mostly I am so proud of "my guys" who are growing into such well-rounded and thoughtful human beings. I appreciate your continued prayers as they both seek out the next steps in their journey and we seek to provide guidance and wisdom.
Now everyone continue what you were doing....
10 comments:
Hi Susan, it would be wonderful if your two sons go to school together and live close to home..I hope and pray that everything works out for the best..for them.Keep us posted..
Hugs, Baba
You know what I'M thankful for in this situation? I'M thankful that YOUR DS2 figured this out BEFORE actually MOVING to MI... unlike MY DD2 who did the whole 1 semester in NY before deciding that being away from Family really stunk! See? I knew you had SMART boys!!! This is WONDERFUL! And I'm glad it's all working out and prayers have been answered! AMEN!
What a mature decision on his part! I am sure that you are glad to have all your chicks still pretty close to the nest. I know I would be!
I'm glad for you that you will have your boys close by for a little bit longer!!
Life changes on a dime which is why it is so wise to take it all one day at a time...and many times it changes wonderfully...like the decisions recently made by your sons. How awesome!!!
Praying young men!! What more could you want out of this life called Mommy world!! I would be so thrilled to hear that my sons have been praying about what they should do. That is just wonderful!! You have taught them so well. Congratulations to you and hubby!!
Blessings, Sandy
Wow- what a wonderful turn of events. I think it would be wonderful if the two of them could go to school together.
I think your boys are going to do well no matter their path. I'm just glad that they might be together. I can only hope my two end up on the same college campus.
xo
LBC
That really is a huge blessing that your son figured this out before moving! How wonderful that he is seeking the Lord's leading and really thinking through the consequences of the choices he makes right now. That really is quite a mature decision...you must be doing something right!
Wow, I'm impressed that he came to this conclusion so early in life. God is good and I'm praying that it all works out well.
Post a Comment