More Info About Me

Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Window

It's been a while since I have done a "weekend window"...but this weekend, with all it's twists and turns, is one that calls for it....

Friday I went to the wedding of a couple that works at my school. It was in a local mansion that sits on the water...a gorgeous setting. We had a lot of fun celebrating with them. It was, however, the second wedding of the year that I attended where the word "God" was not uttered one time. I guess it's more proof that more and more "kids" are being raised sans any faith at all. When a friend of mine mentioned God to the young bride, she said, "We don't really 'DO' the "God-thing"." So, while it was fun to celebrate with them, it was also quite sad for me.

DS 2 went to Grad Night at Disney World on Friday. They go stay all night and listen to bands and ride rides. He slept pretty much all day on Saturday.

On Saturday, DS 1 found out he could not ship out 4/28 as expected. They have been looking at his medical records and stuff and are kind of in a holding pattern. The Sgt. told him that he "might" get to go out next week. Or he may have to wait until Fall. At any rate, they are supposed to give him a "for sure" date by this coming Friday. He is quite frustrated by the delay.

Saturday we bought DS 3 a bike so we could go out on the trail. He and I rode a total of 18 miles! It was a gorgeous day and the trail was, once again, full of people and critters. On the way out we saw plenty of birds and a black snake...on the way back, there was a BIG Florida Gator sitting right on the trail! (Note: the picture on the left is a couple we found at our state park last year.) We didn't see Mr. Biketrail Gator until we were pretty much right next to him. Needless to say, we swerved to the OTHER side of the trail (maybe 6 feet away) and rode FAST! Trust me, my cardio was heightened at that point. And I was much more vigilent as we made the trek back to our house.
Saturday night, DH and I went to a LOVELY Hawaiin Fusion restaurant here in town. They are known for the Sushi and Fish entrees. I had a dish called "Hawaiin Ono". It was delicious. We also had some wonderful appetizers and salads. He and I don't get out alone as much as we'd like due to our hectic schedules...so it was nice to linger over a meal and enjoy each other's company.

After church on Sunday, I drove to Tampa to see my cousin who was visiting for the weekend. DH flew DSs 3 and 4 up there then they took my brother up for a flight. Here they are just after landing at the little airport in Tampa. I think they had a good time.

DS 3 stayed with me in Tampa and came back in the car. DS 4, however, flew back with DH to our house. DH said DS 4 was "driving" about 50% of the time on the way back...and has now decided that he'd like to take flight lessons right away. Yeah, right!
DH left this morning for Texas. DSs 3 and 4 are home today not feeling well. I am home with them, so perhaps I'll get a few things done around here that I skipped this weekend!

In the meantime, there are some big decisions being made here in our house that I cannot discuss here yet. It's nothing "bad"...only a change in direction. Please pray for our family as we help work through what steps to take in the next few weeks.
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Susan said...

You live such a busy life, Susan. I will pray that God leads you in the way you should go.

It breaks my heart about the young people who do not believe in God. But, I have to say it's OUR fault (my our I mean the Church)!!! We dropped the ball back in the 60's.
Susan

Susan said...

P.S. I need to add "In MY opinion".
Susan

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey: So sad about a wedding or a newly married couple starting off with out God in their lives...PLUS it sounds like they just do not care either!! I think God has kept Mike and I together!!
I can only imagine how frustrated DS1 is right now.. Waiting is no fun!!
Decisions are so hard to have to make. Just pray and wait..

Blessings, Sandy

Karla said...

Wow. Sounds like a very busy weekend. I'm tired just reading about it.
That is sad, the wedding story up there. :(

Jane said...

Sounds like a busy time!!
No, I didn't know you were going to be in Atlanta. Have fun with Jill, I know you will.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog linked off of another. I've enjoyed reading:) The wedding story makes me sad, too. How God's heart must be broken over watching us go our own ways. I've been reading in the OT, and we are so similar to the Israelites. But God is patient and kind, I will say a prayer for your newlywed friends.

Melli said...

Boy, I'll tell ya -- I'm sO glad that the one thing I INSISTED on was a Christian wedding -- even if Dennis was not a Christian! God was GOING to be at MY wedding!!! It took some finagling - but He was there!!!

Sounds like you guys had a really busy - but fun & hectic weekend!

I will be praying for ya! You've got my curiosity up now though! ;)