More Info About Me

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a busy weekend with both emotional ups and downs.

Friday, my boss and I talked at length about the changes in my own job next year. Of course, as I noted before, we are going to lose support personnel at our school. In essence, this means the team I work on will be somewhat disbanded or altered greatly. Some roles that are currently there will not exist at all; others will change drastically. Mine is a job that will change as two jobs are rolled into one. Our talk was very candid. I am thankful that I work in a place where I can be who I am and state my opinion. I know the job will change drastically next year…and I feel confident that, at this point in time, I am making the right decision to continue to hold the position.

Friday night was our school carnival. This is a really fun event with rides and games. It is fun to see some of our families who simply don’t get to do this sort of thing, come out and spend time together.

Friday night was also the time that I found out about the loss of my friend, Susan. It shook me up for sure. Her funeral is this Wednesday. Please say a prayer for this family if you think about it.

Saturday morning and afternoon was spent making arrangements for several things. By late Saturday afternoon, I was ready to do something different, so DS 1 and I went and bought me a bike. I have to say riding through Target on a bicycle (when I haven’t ridden for 20+ years) was a hoot! He and DS 4 and I rode on the new bike trail by our house. We went 13 miles total. It was a beautiful way to spend an evening with my boys. I plan to ride again as soon as my own “seat” recovers!!

Sunday was church with an awesome sermon. I am hoping to recount some of it here as it was one of those “makes you think” sermons. Sunday afternoon was LAZY! I even snuck in a little nap.

Last night I went to DS 2’s GF’s house to see their “senior pics”. She has a relative who is a photographer and went around our beautiful town taking several shots of them both individual and together this weekend. There were more than 600 photos when it was all done! They are gorgeous. I cannot wait to get the CD with some of them so I can share.

That’s pretty much the recap. I pray that your weekend was a blessing!!

7 comments:

samurai said...

I am so jealous! No one in my family likes to ride but me!

May this time be filled with an overwhelming sense of His grace and mercy.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you feel your job changes are ones that you can live with. Transitions like that are always difficult. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you!

Baba said...

Hi Susan, it sounds like your week-end was fun except for the sad point of hearing about your friend...Do you wear a helmet when you ride your bike?? I have a bike that is under my house and I have not been on it forever...it needs new tires,I am sure..I need to fix it up and ride again..I also need a helmet.

Wednesday I start my volunteer job at the hospital.I will be in the nursery where I retired from 4 years ago.I get to feed and rock babies without the stress of real work...

Take care and keep on riding your bike.. Love ya, Baba

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I've been wanting to get a bike, but there aren't many safe places to ride around here-- not without loading the bike onto the back of my car and taking it someplace else, which is just entirely impractical to even attempt with a toddler!!!

Melli said...

Sounds like it was QUITE a weekend! I want to get a recumbent bike! That's what my stationary bike is, and I LOVE riding them at the beach! I would have a ball with one -- even if I just took it to the High School track! I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy that time - and that activity - with your boys! Sounds like that probably put some balance in the weekend!

PDub said...

I bought a bike a couple years ago and only rode it twice - good for you for going 13 miles!

I'll be thinking and praying for your friend's family tomorrow.

Connie Barris said...

I am sorry about your friend...

lots going on in your life... will for sure keep you in my prayers...

blessings my friend
Connie