
Thirteen K words that describe Susan:
1. Kids - I've got 4 of 'em. I teach 'em everyday. I LOVE 'em! It seems that kids have been a part of my life since I was--well--a KID!
2. Kiss - I love 'em too!
3. Kaleidoscope - I love looking through a kaleidoscope. I think it pretty much describes my life. Multi-faceted and ever-changing and pretty colorful.
4. Kansas - I've never been there, but it makes me think of the Wizard of Oz which is one of my favorite movies. I've been known to tell people, "You're not in Kansas anymore."
5. Kairos - This is a greek word for a very special moment in time. It is the "right or opportune moment". I can honestly say I've had several "kairos" moments in my life. And I'm blessed for each one.
6. Karaoke - I love to go to karaoke! It's so much fun to listen and sing along. I've been known to karaoke with my colleagues until the wee hours of the morning!
7. Kashi - This is a cereal that I like, but I don't eat enough.
8. Kentucky - My very favorite place that DH and I have lived. It is the perfect mix of seasons. People are beyond friendly. My DS 1 was born there. It represents, for me, a very special time in my life.
9. Keeled - I know this is a strange word, but it makes me think of those who are "even-keeled". I'm not always so good at this, but I try.
10. Keepers - This is the name of my VERY FAVORITE children's book by Jeri Hanel Watts. It is not one that is often shared, but it is a beautiful story of a young boy who learns the power of passing down stories in a family and a Grandmother that learns that all people can be "Keepers" of family stories.
11. Kelly and Keven - Weird that these names would pop up...but they represent two of my chidlhood friends. I lost touch with Kelly long ago, but Keven still lives in our hometown and I see he and his family every so often when I am up visiting there.
12. KFC - I like this place, truly I do. It represents, however, a funny family story for us (a Keeper?). When DH and I lived in #8, we were driving home one time and passed a large billboard that said "Birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken". I looked at my young DH and said, "I didn't know that Kentucky Fried Chicken was made in Kentucky." I must admit that after the long pregnant pause in the car, I wanted to move to #4! It's not uncommon for someone to ask me (21 years later) when we pass one, "Do YOU know where Kentucky Fried Chicken comes from?"
13. Keynote - I've been able to give several keynotes in my career. I really enjoy this. Between us, though, I wonder if that would have happened if they knew my KFC "secret"?
K was not as hard as I thought....but I'm glad there aren't 14!!
9 comments:
Susan, you think K is hard try V!! But I made it through with help from the computer and my trusty dictionary to help!! Well, everyone now knows your KFC secret!! How funny..just one of those times that you were not in the thinking mode..were you? Smile!! Good list
Sandy
Oh Susan, don't worry about your "KFC" faux paus! My boys were always picking at me about things I would say. They even got to the point where they would just say, "That's another momism"!!!
I prefer to think we just ask the questions others want to ask but are afraid to. Right????
I loved your "K" list. I think you're a Keeper! I had to laugh at your KFC though.
LOL! Love your KFC story -- I think we all have one! (i have so many we quit keeping track!)
I would NEVER in a MILLION years sing karaoke... but I sure would LOVE to be there when YOU do! That sounds like fun!!! (if i sang the room would empty! - but it's okay - God has promised me a voice in Heaven!)
You did great with K! I LIKE this list!
Your KFC story is priceless! Did you know they also have good chicken livers? I've never learned how to make good chicken livers so I have to rely on restaurants or KFC.
Susan,
Trust Dad, for any of us in your extended family, the KFC story comes as NO surprise! :)
Dad
Hey there,
I gotta tell ya, you're not missing much in Kansas, girl. I'm really close to the state line there, and from the looks of your pics, you guys are experiencing better weather there! Of course, no complaints today, but it is supposed to get cold (30-ish degrees!) again this week. Ugh.
I would also like to ask you...as a teacher who has 4 of your own kiddos...how do you manage it all? I have two and it is hectic, but we are considering another...how do you handle it when you're a teacher?
Just curious:)
Hey there,
I gotta tell ya, you're not missing much in Kansas, girl. I'm really close to the state line there, and from the looks of your pics, you guys are experiencing better weather there! Of course, no complaints today, but it is supposed to get cold (30-ish degrees!) again this week. Ugh.
I would also like to ask you...as a teacher who has 4 of your own kiddos...how do you manage it all? I have two and it is hectic, but we are considering another...how do you handle it when you're a teacher?
Just curious:)
I LOVE to karaoke too! ;-)
Post a Comment