More Info About Me

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Look What We've Been Doing....

DS 1 is preparing to leave for basic training. This weekend was the "surprise cammo party". Since we're getting new floors on Monday, I decided to "cammo" my carpet on Friday to "decorate". It all started with an idea...and ended with one very surprised DS 1! As he entered the house, we played the Army Song. Thanks, Aunt Heather, for the photos...and the rest of our family and friends for making it a memorable event for all of us. Enjoy!!


17 comments:

Melli said...

HOW FUN!!! BOYYYYYYYYYY I hope your floors go in tomorrow as planned!!! This sort of reminds me of the time I let the kids spray paint my CAR - KNOWING that I would be getting a new one.... turned into 6 months driving that car!!! ROFL!

I bet DS1 was totally WOWWED!!!

Jennifer said...

GIRL!! What an AWESOME paintjob!! I know DS1 was blown away!!
I'll be praying for you and your family...I know it will be a big transition for you all!
Love you!! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I have been thinking of you knowing that your son will be off to basic training soon. I actually loved basic training but that was many many years ago ;)

Jane said...

That is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen. What a terrific idea to paint the carpet. I know that DS1 loved it.
Thanks for sharing the pictures from your fun party.
You will all be in our prayers as DS1 goes to boot camp.

heidi @ ggip said...

I don't thinkI would have the guts to paint my carpet camo, even if I was going to have it changed out! I hope the party is fun.

Anonymous said...

I'll give it to you. You guys sure know how to party!

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Baba said...

Wow... Susan , what a wonderful party and fun time was had by all....the carpet looks cool....my best wishes and hugs to DS # 1 as he goes off to boot camp..My love to all of you.
baba

Momma Roar said...

What wonderful ideas!!! I love the idea of painting the carpet too!! What fun! I'll be thinking of you as he heads off soon.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! I bet DS1 had a wonderful time. It couldn't have worked out better with you getting new floors. What a memorable evening!

Jill said...

What a great camo idea! Now that I think of it, my carpet is kinda camo without all the fun.

Tammy said...

What a fun party!!! Great idea for his send-off!

Bellezza said...

I think you're very brave to 'let' him go. My son is considering the Marines, in fact meeting to discuss the idea with them tomorrow. I have mixed emotions; part of me is proud to have him be so brave, part of me is afraid. Yet, where is my faith if I live in fear? Anything could happen to our boys any where. I'm believing God for their protection.

Your party, forgive my detour, looks so fun!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I am impressed by the little army men on the cupcakes, let alone the carpet! You are so creative! You teacher-types kill me. BTW, I have re-posted that Big-BooMama post about blogging and would like your thoughts on it.

Lazy Daisy said...

A Camo rug....you might be on to something here. Don't be surprised if everyone wants one. Gotcha all prayed up. Loved the army men on the cupcakes. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Linda said...

Your new flooring couldn't been planned at a better time. What a creative surprise...a camo carpet.
Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!!! Looks like everyone had a grand time. It's never easy giving our kids their wings...... Hugs and prayers are headed your way.
Love from Ohio

kt said...

How sweet! LOVE how the 'camo' goes atrategically all AROUND the furniture! lol